Saturday, June 16, 2012

Ship Month! - Star of India

Julie again.  Here's the Star of India, dubbed the world's oldest active sailing ship. It resides at the San Diego Maritime Museum.




I hate to admit, lifeboats do kind of clutter a deck.


This little restroom is less than appealing.


The Star of India was an immigrant ship for much of its life...I wonder if women had to try to use that with their hoop skirts. Though the ship had a long useful life, so maybe they had different heads back then.

And I believe this was the captain's cabin. Pretty swanky, huh?


We'll end with a nautical term here.


I have a lot more pictures and information on the Star of India on my personal blog here and here.

Next week, we'll spend some time aboard the H.M.S. Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a question for us? Post in the comments or email kinyn@kinynchronicles.com!